We know the importance of keeping things clean and straightforward when it comes to a Championship’s hotel. This is why we already have our contract in place with the hotel that will host Athens EUDC participants in 2019, having locked prices in, ensuring we can offer this accommodation even in our zero-sponsorship budget.
All participants will be hosted at The President Hotel Athens (4*).
- Well-connected: The hotel is less than 10 minutes away from two metro stations that link directly to the airport, as well as the airport bus’ stop. It’s also easily accessible from the central bus and train stations, and it’s in the ideal location to explore the city from.
- 10 minutes from the debate venue: Located on the same avenue, the hotel is at most 10 minutes by shuttle bus away from the debate venue. And in case somebody prefers not to use the tournament buses, a taxi or Uber (of Athens’ way too many) will only cost 1 Euro per person. The hotel is also within walking distance from the break rounds venue, the ceremonies and most of the socials.
- Room types: Over 80% of the participants will find themselves in twin rooms, with the rest being treated to triple rooms with three actual beds. This commitment to minimising the use of triples is a core part of our agreement with the hotel. An option for single rooms will also be available at an additional fee. And there are also several wheelchair-accessible rooms available.
- Full buffet breakfast: All breakfasts are included in the registration fee. The hotel offers an excellent breakfast buffet, catering to all dietary requirements.
- Wi-Fi access throughout: All common areas of the hotel offer free Wi-Fi access.
- Roof garden & pool: Throughout the Championship, you will also have access to the hotel’s roof garden, which also houses a pool and the appropriate pool bar. And it has a great view of Athens.