Main debate venue:
- 10 minutes from the hotel: Transportation to and from the debate venue will be provided by us. A straight path up one of Athens’ largest avenues means that the buses will only take 10 minutes to get there. August is also when most locals are on holiday away from the city, so we can guarantee no delays due to traffic.
- Accessible by public transport: Τhe venue is also fully accessible by public transportation with several lines offering a direct link between the hotel and the debate venue.
- 1€ per person by taxi: Should you choose to forgo bus travel altogether, though, you can share a Taxi or Uber there with 3 others and you will get to the venue for 1 Euro per person. (fare is around 4€).
- Walking distance: The break rounds venue is within walking distance from the hotel, as is the closing ceremony venue, ensuring you can come and go whenever you please.
- Near the hotel: Most socials will be located within walking distance of the hotel, so you don’t need to worry about transportation. In the couple of instances when we’ll be moving further away, we promise it will be worth it (see the socials’ section of the website for more!).
Exploring the city:
- Bus stations: The buses that go to the venue, along with a dozen more covering most of the city, make stops in the hotel’s vicinity, and never farther away than 5 minutes by foot.
- Metro stations: If you would rather go subterranean however, and use one of the cleanest metro systems in Europe, if not the world, you have a choice of two different metro stations, 8 minutes away each.
- Ticket prices: A ticket valid for 90 minutes, that can be used on buses and the metro, costs only 1.40€. Alternatively you can get a day pass for all public transport for 4.50€, or a five-day pass for only 9€ (excluding to / from the airport).
- The buses that go to the venue, along with a dozen more covering most of the city, make stops in the hotel’s vicinity, and never farther away than 5 minutes by foot.